Attention all my carb lovers!!! I don’t about you but I love me some carbs ….especially in the morning! Yum, yum!
I am usually pretty structured and boring with my breakfast go-to’s but once and awhile I get that craving for something sweet and comforting.
The other day, the cravings were too strong to resist so I got to work on these healthy banana walnut muffins. They are totally guilt-free….I promise! No one will even know they are healthy because they are so moist and flavorful!
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey (if you use maple syrup, make sure it’s pure)
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- ¼ cup of water or almond milk (I used water because I ran out of almond milk)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1¾ cups quinoa, almond or coconut flour (I used quinoa because it’s what I had in the pantry)
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease your muffin tin or use muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and maple syrup or honey together with a whisk.
- Crack in the eggs and continue to beat.
- Add in the mashed bananas, water/milk, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix the flour, oats and walnuts into the bowl with a large spoon, until combined.
- Pour the batter into your muffin cups. Leave some room in each cup as the muffins will rise.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a small amount of oats and place in the oven.
- Bake muffins for 23 to 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool and enjoy!